Charles E. “Chuck” Martin is currently serving his eighth term of office in the Georgia State House of Representatives. Beginning in 2013, Martin’s former House District, 47, was reassigned as House District 49, but continues to represent essentially the same area in North Fulton County, Georgia.
In January 2011, Martin was appointed Chairman of the House Budget and Fiscal Affairs Oversight Committee. Additionally, Martin serves on the House Committee of Appropriation, Energy, Public Utilities and Telecommunications, Regulated Industries, Rules, Science & Technology, and Ways & Means. Additionally, Martin serves as Chair of the Fulton County House Delegation and the Fulton County Board of Education House Delegation.
Chairman Martin represents House District 49, which covers Alpharetta, Roswell, Johns Creek, and Greater North Fulton County.
Notable recognitions include:
- Georgia Council on Aging (GCOA) Outstanding State Legislator for 2011
- Technology Association of Georgia as “2010 Legislator of the Year”
- Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) first ever national “Statesman Award”
- Georgia ALFA “2010 Legislator of the Year”
- Georgia State Firefighters Association “2008 Legislator of the Year”
- Georgia Association of Fire Chiefs “2008 Legislator of the Year”
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce as “2007 Legislator of the Year”
- Technology Association of Georgia as “2007 Legislator of the Year”
- Association of County Commission for Georgia Legislative Leadership Recognition
Prior to his legislative service, Chuck served his constituents in other public offices. From 1993 – 1995, he was a part of the Alpharetta City Council. The next year, he was elected as the city’s Mayor, an office which he held until 2002, when his membership in the General Assembly began. He is a 1996 graduate of the Regional Leadership Institute, a member of the Regional Leadership Foundation, the Alpharetta Optimist Club and Lions Club, and served as President of the Milton Touchdown Club from 2003 – 2004.
Martin was born and raised in Alpharetta and graduated from Milton High School. He attended the University of Georgia, where he earned a B.B.A. in Management Science in 1983. He then proceeded to pursue a career in Information Technology Business Consulting. Representative Martin is currently a Director with Ryan LLC.
Chuck and his wife Johnna are the parents of two sons. Miles, 30, and Lance, 28, are both graduates the University of Georgia. Martin took an active involvement in their childhood and enjoys coaching youth activities such as baseball, football, basketball, and golf. Both boys played baseball at college and continue to be involved in youth leadership. Miles is in his seventh year of teaching and coaching, currently working in Hall County. Lance is married to the former Mary Beth Brown of Hall County; Lance and Mary Beth have two children, twins, Brooks Everett and Barrett Clemmons. The Martins are members of Macedonia Baptist Church in Canton.